The Dacorum Community Trust (DCT) was officially launched in 1976.
The Trust is a registered charity* dedicated to helping those most in need within the Dacorum area, by managing and distributing funds it raises locally from individuals, companies and organisations.
We assist local families and individuals who are disadvantaged through illness, loss of employment of other difficult circumstances.
We are able respond quickly and effectively.
*Charity number 272759
Stats for April 2019 – March 2020
- 375 client interviews
- 98 White goods purchased for clients (a mix of fridge, cookers, washing machines, tabletop cookers etc.)
- 34 Kitchen starter packs issued (crockery, cutlery, pots, utensils, linen)
- 42 Bedroom starter packs issued (duvet, pillows, duvet covers, towels)
- 32 Beds purchased for clients (mixture of single and double beds)
- 61 Fuel vouchers issued.
- 25 Travel passes issued (mix of local, regional and national passes)
- 115 Food vouchers issued
- Value of items distributed – £24,475.00
- Most clients were referred onto a partner agency – CAB, Cherished, DBC, South Hill Center, Dens, Herts Help plus many more.